Sunday, February 5, 2017

October 2016

One thing I will really miss in Ohio is the fall.  It seems to last much longer than fall does in Utah and the colors are amazing!  It's the only time it's not humid and windy here so it feels amazing and it's beautiful and you just want to be outside all day long. 
One Saturday the entire family was in a bad mood.  I'm not sure why we were all so cranky but I really didn't want to spend the whole day inside, fighting. We decided to check out a metro park here that we had never been to before.  It was HUGE.  We drove around forever before we decided to just pick a spot and get out. It completely turned our day around. We played pirates and mermaids, built a teepee, climbed trees, and explored, explored, explored. There is something about exploring in the woods that never gets old.  I need to remember this next time we have another bad day :)
Kaylee accidentally put on Kenna's pants!  Ha ha
We did our usual pumpkin painting but the girls also wanted to carve theirs this year and we decided to let them try it. They painted one side and carved the other. 
We finally got our family pictures taken, that I had been planning since July. Our outfits were definitely not appropriate for the weather and we were all freezing! Plus, all the trees had turned yellow so it was not my favorite background. The family pictures were a little rough but we did manage to get some ADORABLE ones of the girls. Which is good because they were WAY overdue! 

I also snapped this sister moment and it just makes my heart explode to see them together! They are the best.
 
We tried out a book club idea with some girls in the ward and had a party to celebrate reading Charlotte's Web with all the kids. I don't think my kids were very interested in this book but they were thrilled about the party! I made a spider cheeseball to go along with the theme. 
The girls looked so awesome in their Halloween costumes. We have so many chances to dress up every year, I don't think my kids even realize that Halloween is actually only one day!  
Trick-or-treating didn't start out very fun for McKenna.  On our second doorstep, she tripped on someone's foot and smacked her face into the pavement.  Poor thing got a HUGE goose egg. 
 It didn't take her long to cheer up though, knowing there was a lot of candy waiting for her if she kept going. Her poor head looked awful for the next couple days though! 

No comments: