Sunday, February 5, 2017

November 2016

Richard took the girls to a Day of the Dead celebration where they got to have their faces painted and then watch the movie "The Book of Life".
 
The girls know that they can't play on the ipad whenever they want but it doesn't stop them for taking a million pictures of the same thing anytime they find it lying around.  I have a ridiculous amount of pictures that are just blank but it's also fun to see what they want to take pics of.  I especially love the 
selfies I get :)
McKenna turned FIVE and decided that she wanted a mermaid party this year.  Since she has a birthday that is always right around Thanksgiving we had to do her party early to make sure people were still in town. I didn't have Richard there to help me and a lot of people had to leave early so it definitely wasn't the best party we've ever thrown but I know Kenna was so happy to have her preschool friends here.  And I worked super hard on the party so I guess it was fun for me too even if it didn't turn out how I was hoping...
 
We found out the Conservatory is open late on Wednesdays so we headed there for a fun night at the start of the Thanksgiving break. We had never been there at night before and they had all the main lights off and just little twinkling lights set up everywhere. It was also decorated for Christmas already and had a really fun, interactive light display in the art room so we had a blast.
Richard convinced the girls to watch the Ohio vs. Michigan game and Kaylee especially got really into it. She used masking tape to cross out any M's in our house, like they do on campus and wrote a note on everything blue that said "This is red". I loved seeing how she got into it so she could hang out with her Daddy.
 
I think someone was determined to make Kenna's fifth birthday not work out.  After the party fiasco, half of her presents didn't work like they were supposed to and we had to return them.  I guess the good part of that is she got to pick out exactly what she wanted! We were also all pretty sick so we didn't get out and do anything fun. Hopefully she still had a good birthday though.  She thinks that turning five makes her a big girl so she tells us all the stuff she can do now that she couldn't do when she was just a little girl.  We ended the night with chocolate cake waffles with mint ice cream and chocolate syrup. I think that's the only part of her birthday she really cares about anyway :)

No comments: