Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas

Christmas was super fun this year with a kid who knew what was coming and kept asking about Santa and wanting to make and wrap presents for people!  The only bad thing was that Kaylee's logic goes WAY beyond her years and she kept asking us if Santa was real.  What three year old does that??  I have issues with that because I don't want to lie straight to her face but I want the magic of Christmas to at least stay for a couple more years!  However I don't think we handled it very well.... poor Kaylee will never have a normal childhood.  Ha ha.  
This year she also had her Christmas program, which was super fun to see. She is not really into music and didn't know most of the words but she did every action.  I need to stop telling her about things before they happen because she was so excited and hyper all day that by the time the program came around she was so tired and could hardly stand up the whole program! 
 I'll have to keep things secret until right before...It was really fun to have a school function to go to, I can't wait until we have plays and concerts and games to attend too! The only bummer was that Kaylee didn't have any family we could invite, and that made her really sad. Luckily she invited her best friend and they were awesome and came to support her and she was thrilled about that. Can't wait to see her Easter program!
We were able to go to Indiana to be with Holly for Christmas.  Christmas Eve we did our own little nativity (that lasted 5 mins) and it was really special for us to see the kids do it since they are old enough to actually get it. McKenna was too distracted by the thought of Christmas cookies but all the other kids had a lot of fun making their own manger and playing all the parts.  (I only got a few horrible pics because we decided to turn all the lights off except the Christmas tree...)
Christmas morning was a flurry of wrapping paper and squeals of delight. Emery and Madeline are especially cute to watch because everything they get is, to them, the best thing ever!!  I hope their excitement rubs off on my kids for next year :) 
 Last year we couldn't come up with enough things to keep the kids busy but this time they had so much fun playing with their new toys (and each other) that the time flew by and we didn't even do half of the stuff we wanted to do!  
The day after Christmas we went to the mall playground to let the kids run out their energy before we left but that was seriously the only activity we did. That shows you how much fun we have just being together!
This is the best picture ever! McKenna did much better with her cousins than she ever has- there is hope that they will be friends!!!  We had a blast being with Holly and her fam and are so lucky they live close enough to do Christmas with them. 

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Kelli, at our house I decided years ago that I wouldn't lie about Santa, and I make sure that my kids know that their parents are buying the gifts (I think it's unfair that some kids will get a bunch of expensive gifts "from Santa" and some others will get just a little thing because the parents don't have money) so, Because I also don't want to take the magic of Christmas away I was not pushing the truth, I would just answer whenever they asked. I took them to see Santa, and told them that he is a great and generous Christmas's character and that they can believe in the whole thing if they wanted... (Bc even after telling "the truth" they would still ask me if I would make cookies for him, for example....)
Anyways, I think that our kids will be more than all right. I always knew about it as a child, and still loved the figure of Santa and the Christmas stories and it was still really fun. :)

I am glad you guys had a great holiday! We missed you guys here!
The girls are each picture more cute!

Mary said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas together even though we missed all of you so much. I am especially glad we had a chance to be with you in Chicago so it didn't seem like forever since I had seen all of you. Thanks for sharing the fun pictures. Loved your manger made of sticks.