Thursday, January 2, 2014

All of November

I can't believe how much has happened since the last time I posted! So much so that I don't even want to blog about it all....but I know I will regret it if I don't! Mid-November, McKenna decided she was a big girl and kept begging me to go potty in the toilet. 

 I REALLY did not want to start potty training but thought I might as well give it a shot since she was so determined. She really was the easiest kid ever to potty train, I wish a kid like her on every parent out there!  It was no work at all and we love not having to buy diapers anymore :)

A random fun night came in the form of a big box of packing peanuts!  At first I just let the girls jump in the box and play 
but then I decided to just go for it and we dumped it all out and went crazy!!! 
We even invited some friends over to be crazy with us. 
It was an insanely huge mess and took forever to clean up (we're still finding peanuts in random places) but it was worth every second!  

 At the end of November, our sweet little rascal turned two!! 
She has given us the highest highs and the lowest lows.  She is the funniest, sweetest, cutest little girl and will give you the biggest hugs, cuddles, kisses and smiles that will melt your heart.  She has also caused us the most anxiety and has made us question whether we will ever be ready for another kid!  But that is what makes us love her so much- you never know what you are going to get but there will be plenty of laughs along the way :) :)  We decided not to do a party for a couple of reasons but had a good day together as a family and ended up at Chuck-E-Cheese for dinner that night where she was mesmerized by the characters on the stage! Ha ha. Most of the games were a little too old for her but she still had a blast following Kaylee around and watching her play. 
Thanksgiving was a blast this year.  We had our good friends, the Schellenberg's, over for their last Thanksgiving here (don't even get me started on how we will not survive when they move away from us next year!!) and after dinner the girls danced their hearts out on the Wii while the parents all relaxed. 
We also had the Burtis's over for dessert and there were SO many delicious pies, we had more than one pie per family.  Gotta love holiday food! (Can you tell I have also been really bad at taking pictures of all the fun stuff we've been doing??) We only had a one day break after Thanksgiving and then we took off for the best part of my whole year- CHICAGO!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Crazy that your baby is 2 years old!! Love reading about the Henricksen's goings-on. Keep the new posts coming! :-)