Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall Festival

If any of you remember how I raved about the Easter event we went to this year at The Church Next Door, you would understand why we decided to check out their fall festival as well.  
I feel kinda guilty going to these, knowing that they are completely free for us, which I'm assuming means the people that go to that church pay for it? Anyway, once I got past my guilt, we took full advantage :)
We picked three pumpkins to take home which the girls decorated with cute faces,
ate way too much chili, hot dogs, smores, hot chocolate, and caramel apples

(WHY have I never had caramel apples like this?? They are sliced, with caramel and nuts drizzled on top.  It was AMAZING and so much better than normal dipped apples!!!)

went on a tractor ride,
and got a balloon sword and flower for our girls.  They also had face painting, marshmallow shooters, and a giant blow-up slide to play on.  It was pretty cold but definitely worth it! You really can't beat free fun close to home, especially with my three favorite people in the world!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I need to make sure I plan my trip next October to include this fun event!! What a generous church.

Cheri said...

That sounds like an amazing event. I love taking advantage of the free events. I'm glad you were able to get past the guilt and enjoy yourself. They didn't put all that together for no one to come, so might as well.