Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Last Friday was our Ward Halloween Party. Since Richard nixed all of my GREAT ideas for costumes, he was left without a costume about 10 mins before we needed to leave and finally decided to go as a last minute zookeeper to match Kaylee's adorable leopard costume
I went as a bank robber, with my adorable bag of money kept close at all times!
The party was pretty fun and Richard participated in a few of the games including wrapping the girls like mummies
and the doughnut on a string contest, in which he won the first round and went to the finals which means he ate two full doughnuts after eating all of the goodies from the party. Just watching it almost made me want to puke!
Halloween was very cold and rainy but we braved the weather for a few minutes to go trick-or-treating. Since I wasn't dressing up again, McKenna decided to show her true colors and display her pretty angel wings. 
Cutest angel I've ever seen!
And Kaylee also got into character and was crawling around and growling at us before we gave her some candy :)
I wish I could say that this was Kenna's first taste of candy but she is too hard to say no to. She loves food so much and takes it as a personal offense if you eat in front of her so I always have to give in! 
And Kaylee was thrilled to see her big stash of candy waiting for her.
I tried to convince her to go back out and get some candy for me but she was too cold...I guess I'll just have to sneak some from Kenna's loot when she's asleep.  The perks of being a parent!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, I sure wish I could share with Kenna. She has the best candy. I should have timed my visit for Halloween week instead:)!! They sure look cute in their costumes.

Cheri said...

We didn't have cute trick or treaters like yours come to our door. Bryant and I went trick or treating with the kids and Sharon stayed home to pass out stuff but she only got one family come to the house. What a clever costume you had Kelli and I sure like how you were able to use McKenna to compliment your motif.

Greta Henricksen said...

How fun. I liked your idea of the zoo keeper. Being a parent often feels like you are running a zoo. :)