Sunday, June 3, 2012

Theme Night: Buckeyes

Another theme night was WAY overdue. I had planned a few others and we always had to push it back for one reason or another so I finally said we were going to have one no matter what!  This was definitely our most ghetto/thrown together one but we still have fun so that's all that matters :) Since Richard just finished his first year at Ohio State and since my friend gave us some Ohio pasta
we decided to do a Buckeye night.  After eating the Ohio pasta, we taught Kaylee the O-H-I-O cheer.
We then played pin-the-O-on-the-Brutus.  Richard's is the closest only because he totally cheats :)
Since we had a Brutus face, we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to get our picture taken as Brutus!  Ha ha.  Now do you see why I said this was our most ghetto theme night?!?
How could you not love a Buckeye this cute?
We also planned on going outside to play football but Kaylee wasn't feeling very well. So instead we ended the night by making some chocolate/peanut butter Buckeyes.
 I didn't have any toothpicks to dip with so they ended up looking super hideous...but at least they still tasted great!  It definitely wasn't out best theme night but at least it's something to get us going again!  Richard just has one more paper to finish and then we 2 1/2 months without ANY SCHOOL- wahoo!!!! Bring on summer!

8 comments:

lisa said...

Totally not ghetto, that looks super fun! And I cannot believe how big McKenna seems...I swear I haven't been gone that long, but she looks bigger already! And I showed Riker the video of Kaylee and now he won't stop asking to go play with her! Miss you guys!

Mary said...

Love, love, love your ideas. I don't think it was 'ghetto' at all. I can't imagine a more perfect evening for Kaylee to enjoy:)!! I should have bought a baby Ohio State jacket for McKenna so she could have matched too!! cute, cute, cute

Mary said...

Uh, you sound a little bitter about Richard winning the game:)!!

Julie said...

Love your Brutus :) Sounds like a very fun night.

Holly said...

Nothing is ever ghetto when it is fun and creative! Ha. Love the cheer. Kaylee will be a Buckeye cheerleader!

kristi said...

Wow - what a ghetto theme night....

Jennifer said...

ghetto or not, I'm sure it was more entertaining than a regular evening :)

Cheri said...

Has it really been a whole year since you have been gone. Wow! Hopefully you will all be back before we know it.