Sunday, February 26, 2012

Willy Wonka Pets

Sorry for the blogging hiatus- we've been cooped up in our house dealing with RSV so not only have I not really had time to blog but I haven't even had anything to blog about! After almost two full weeks of feeling yucky, Kaylee finally started feeling better so we wanted to take her somewhere fun. A friend told me about this pet store where they let you hold the puppies so we decided to give that a try. We were not prepared for the surprise we got. This place was like the Willy Wonka factory of pet stores! Not only can you kiss the puppies:
But you can pet the birds
hold the mice
and snuggle the bunnies
not to mention ferrets, guinea pigs, kitties, and probably others I'm forgetting about. And my favorite part was this big guy:
He just wanders around the store on his own, letting all the kids (and lots of adults) run up and touch him, get in his way, and make faces at him. What a stud!!
Kaylee also spent some time getting to know this guy: 

 
and he was so excited to see her, it was really cute to watch them. At one point Kaylee even put her hand up on the glass and the puppy put his paw up too. I'm not an animal person but if I was, this adorable puppy might have been coming home with us yesterday! I used to take Kaylee to pet stores all the time in Utah and I never saw anything like this. It was fantastic! We will definitely be going back and I was glad we had somewhere fun to be after two full weeks of cabin fever.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I see one place I want to go with you when I get there this week!! What a fun haven for kids and you don't even have to pay an arm and a leg like you do when you go to the zoo. Do you mind if we don't touch the mice, however:)!!

Holly said...

Totally in love with her face holding the bunny. Super cute. I want that turtle!! Oh, and love the pop of red with the outfit. Super chic :-)

Holly said...

Oh, and I just looked closely at my turtle boyfriend and saw that he had a flag duct taped to him. Classic! Ha ha

alyson said...

I found your blog, hope that's ok! :) The pet store is so awesome, huh?! I love that picture of Kaylee with the bunny, she looks so excited!

Amber said...

What pet store is this? I have never seen anything like this. Samantha would love it!

kristi said...

For a pet store, that's pretty sweet. (Not a fan of pet stores! :) but that looks like a GREAT place to take kids for free and fun entertainment. The turtle part made me laugh out loud!!! ha ha poor guy. I really want to know how they control when the poor guy has some "business" to take care of. Other than that - SUPER funny!