Saturday, February 11, 2012

Theme Night: Hawaii

We had our second theme night last night and it was a blast!  In the ten minutes or so that Kenna let me put her down, I put up a few very simple decorations and laid out our beach towels. 
  First we dug in the "sand" for seashells and little paper fishies. That was by far Kaylee's favorite activity and she didn't want to stop.  
Then we went body surfing.  Kaylee would lay on the towel and then Richard would drag her back and forth across the floor.  
 We even gave Kenna a turn but she was not a fan...
 I also got a turn but I deleted all the pictures so there is no proof :)
Then we turned on some Hawaiian music, gave Kaylee a rather pathetic lei (made from her hair bows) and grass skirt (made from paper) and tried to teach her to hula.
We even ate Hawaiian haystacks and pineapple for dinner and then ended the night by looking through the pictures of our honeymoon in Hawaii while we drank smoothies. 
 All if all I would say the night was a success!

6 comments:

kristi said...

Wow Reepy - you are an ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!! GREAT NIGHT!!! BRILLIANT IDEAS!!! GENIUS DECORATIONS (including the sweet lei and skirt) but I am TICKED that you don't have pics of you surfing!!!!!!!!!! Why would you do that?!?!?!

Julie said...

So fun - I love that first picture of McKenna!

Mary said...

What a great family activity. I wish I would have thought of all of these fun ideas when you kids were young. Loved Kaylee's body surfing picture, but am going to lobby with Kristi to see yours:)!! McKenna looks so adorable in her lei picture too. She looks so different then when I last saw her.

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! You have inspired me to be a little more creative with my family nights. I am really excited for your Super Group night coming up. I have been collecting tp rolls for a few months. I am even bringing some back on the plane from my parents house. I come back tomorrow. Samantha has missed having other little friends to play with. I will see you soon neighbor!

Cheri said...

That is awesome. What a way to tide yourself and the Kaylee over until the weather turns warmer.

Harris Family said...

You guys are so great! Theme night is such a fantastic idea! I wish we had been able to come see you guys in Ohio before we left the midwest. Next time you come out to Utah, please let me know!!