Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Bright Side of Things

I think everybody can be a little more positive.  Life is so much better when you can see the bright side of things.  Sometimes it's hard to find something positive about tough situations, like with our apartment!  Richard is always gently reminding me that we are lucky to have this apartment, even with all of the problems we've had.  One of the very BIG problems is not having a dryer. I've gotten used to hanging my clothes up to dry even though I do miss feeling warm fuzzy towels right out of the dryer.  But since I should be more positive, I have found something good about even this situation.  Because my pants never have a chance to shrink back to their normal size in the dryer, they are continually stretching out as I put them on and off.  This makes them much bigger than my waist so every time I put them on I feel skinny, even if I haven't lost any weight.  What could be so bad about that?  If this keeps up, soon my pants will be XXXL and I'll feel like the smallest girl in the world.  How nice to have a self-esteem boost every day :)

3 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

Cute! Way to think on the bright side of things.

Cheri said...

Maybe I should start hanging my pants out to dry. With the way I have been eating cookies lately my pants are getting tighter and there are still a couple of my winter pants I am not able to squeeze into. Talk about not being positive. Sorry I ruined the trend.

kristi said...

Whoa - nice picture Richard! ;)