Sunday, September 19, 2010

Haircut Panic

The last 2 or 3 times I've gone to get a haircut, I've been very disappointed that I spent $15 and ended up getting a not very good haircut. Since I've been cutting Richard's hair for a while, I finally decided I was going to be brave and cut my own hair. I just wanted to thin it out and put more layers in it. I've tried to pay close attention to how the hairstylists do it in the past and watched a few videos online to reiterate what I thought I already knew. I took a deep breath and started making a few snips. When I was done, I looked in the mirror and was actually pretty impressed, it didn't look too bad! I immediately ran out to show Richard and he was equally impressed. I was so proud of myself....until the next morning. When my hair was all the way dry, I realized that there is a very noticeable chunk on the right side of my head that is missing. I tried to fix it and blend it in a little bit, but you can definitely still tell. I know exactly what I did wrong and how to avoid that mistake next time but I guess I'll be wearing my hair half up for the next few months until it grows long enough to fix it. ~sigh~ That's what I get for trying to do it myself. At least I saved myself 15 bucks this time...

5 comments:

Julie said...

How in the world did you cut your own hair? That is definitely talent - I would be pretty happy to be only missing one chunk if I attempted that :)

Holly said...

Saving 50 dollars - worth it. Saving 15 - NOT! Ha ha. I am glad you were brave and tried it. Woo hoo!

Mary said...

Hey you should just let your dad cut it like he did mine in Spain:)!!! He didn't charge me a dime:)!!

Greta Henricksen said...

You are a brave woman! :)
I guess it was pretty bad if you posted a picture of a baby instead of your hair! :)

kristi said...

I'm QUITE impressed!!!!