Sunday, September 5, 2010

Finger Painting

Richard and I tend to get bored a lot. And we get stuck in this habit of always doing the same thing. So some nights when we are super bored and can't think of anything to do besides watch another movie or play one of our games for the millionth time, we get kinda frustrated. I wanted to be prepared for such a night so when we went to the dollar store a couple of weeks ago (on another night that we were super bored...) I saw some finger paints. I decided to get them and store them for a night when we in the mood to do something different. Last night we decided to break them out and it turned out to be really fun! First we painted a depiction of our favorite date. Richard did a good job painting the time we went canoeing:
I tried to do a collage of three dates but obviously lack any artistic ability so you can't tell what they are... but we know what they really are so that's all that matters!Then we did portraits of the other person. This is the one I painted of Richard:
And here is Richard's depiction of me:I told him I was a little scared of my lips and he just replied that he was going for more of a Picasso look for me. That got him off the hook :) We also did a quick Jackson Pollock replica but that one wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. We must have been doing it wrong- Jackson would be disappointed in us. It was perfect for a night when we were bored, Kaylee was asleep, and we were in the mood to do something different. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Sounds like a fun activity. I bet the cardboard worked out well so that it didn't leak through the paper. I will have to do that with the kids.

Mary said...

I must admit that you two are certainly amazingly creative when it comes to dates. Sounds like it was a great night. Kaylee must have been in bed or it could have been a disaster!!

Greta Henricksen said...

way to go not giving into boredom!