Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I can't believe I'm actually a mom on Mother's Day this year! I called my mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day and she said happy Mother's Day to you too! It sounded very strange to hear that coming from my mom instead of the other way around! Richard got up early to make me a delicious breakfast of waffles and omelets (strange combination, I know, but that's what I asked for!). I asked him not to get me a present since he just got me a bday present and our anniversary was the next day but he still bought a tray of peanut butter bars covered in chocolate to celebrate. Edible presents are the best kind anyway :) I don't think anybody told Kaylee it was Mother's Day because it was probably her worst day so far and I was pretty frustrated by the end of the day. But Richard's brother told me that Kaylee was just trying to prove how good of a mother I am...I guess it's all about perspective, right? I didn't do a great job since I got very frustrated but hopefully Kaylee knows how much I still love her and how much I love being her mom. The Relief Society asked me to bear my testimony about motherhood since I am the newest mom in the ward and as soon as I started talking about how much Kaylee meant to me, I started bawling and then my mind went blank and I stumbled through the rest of it. Still, it was a good chance for me to try and express how much I love being a mom. I love you Kaylee- thanks for being the best baby in the whole world!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I can vouch for that too, Kelli. She is an amazing baby and you are an amazing mom!!

Holly said...

I have to see what these peanut butter bars are. Aren't they already covered in chocolate? So does that mean they're double covered? :-)

kristi said...

I agree with Hol - what's up??

And LOVE THE PIC!

Mary said...

You would love the peanut butter bars, Holly. They are covered with yummy chocolate frosting and are to die for.