Sunday, May 23, 2010

Future Gambler?

If I was to make a list of "obnoxious sounds to fall asleep to", I imagine that the sound of dice hitting the table over and over again would be pretty high on the list. However, it seems that Kaylee LOVES it. We discovered this the other day when I was trying to get Kaylee to sleep for the night. I was in her room where it was dark and quiet, rocking her in the rocking chair. She was perfectly calm and quiet but wide awake. After a while, I finally gave up and decided that since she wasn't sleeping anyway, I might as well go out in the living room and be with Richard. We decided to play our favorite dice game, Bupkis. The over-simplified explanation would be that you basically roll 6 dice and try to get the highest score possible, but it's a lot more fun than that sounds. After playing for about 10 mins, I looked down and realized that Kaylee was deep asleep. I went and put her in the crib and she was just fine. We have done that pretty much every night since and it's knocked her out every time. I hope this isn't a future omen that when she grows up she'll be losing all her money at the craps tables in Vegas every night :) If we keep this up, we'll have to find a few new dice games to play or this is going to get old really fast!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Ha ha - wow, at least it is cheaper than running the vacuum or the washing machine like some people have to do constantly to get their baby to fall asleep :)

Mary said...

And it is much better than packing them up and taking them for a long drive hoping they will fall to sleep. I sure did that alot of time. How funny you cute little Kaylee!!

Greta Henricksen said...

I know Joel will appreciate that humor! :)

Nibarger said...

Farkle is a really fun dice game! You should check it out!