Friday, December 4, 2009

Enemy #1

I have a new enemy. No, it's not an angry Christmas shopper or someone stuck in traffic. It's the squeaky floorboards above my bed. I wake up every morning about 6:00 am to the guy who lives above us walking around upstairs. And I kid you not, we have the squeakiest house in the whole world. Not only can you NOT tune that out but by the time he leaves, there's not even enough time for me to get back to sleep before my own alarm goes off. Last night was the last straw for me. This time he was up until 3:00 am doing who knows what, rocking back and forth on that same squeaky board. I swear he must be doing it on purpose because he instinctively knows that I'm lying awake being annoyed by it. He finally went to bed at 3:00 but was up again at 6:00 doing that same who knows what on that same squeaky floorboard. Next time, I seriously think I'm going to have to go at it with my hammer. Hopefully Richard will be able to keep me from going completely insane.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to not have people live above me when we moved here. No matter how good of neighbors they are, you can still hear them. Yay for houses!

Mary said...

Oh the joy of apartment living!!

We are... said...

That's SO frustrating! Especially when you are pregnant and it's hard enough to sleep as it is! Wow! Hopefully it will get better for you!

kristi said...

Yeah - your boards are REALLY loud!!! SORRY KEL! Give him a hammer and nails for Christmas!