Monday, August 31, 2009

Little Parasite


So if anyone doesn't know by now, we are expecting a little one! I'm due April 3rd so I'm not super far along but I'm sure it will go fast. This picture is how we told my family- and I think it's pretty funny :) I was really nervous to go to our first doctor's appointment but it went well and the doctor was awesome! Since I haven't been eating much (because I'm so sick all the time) I was a little worried about getting enough nutrition for the baby (and for myself). But the doctor made me feel better by saying that the baby was a good little parasite and it would take what it needs from my body. I hope he's right because the baby's going to have to get a lot of nutrients out of fruit, crackers, and macaroni and cheese :) Wish me luck with all the new craziness that will be happening, both in the next 9 months and for the rest of my life after that!

11 comments:

jkimball said...

Congradulations!!! That is wonderful news and don't worry about eating. The only thing I could keep down with Brooklyn was cheese pizza and I think she turned out fine.

Holly said...

Wahoo!! Can't wait for the little parasite to show up!

Stef said...

Wow, Congrats! I had no idea! The first baby is quite the adventure! Enjoy it as much as you can!

Dan said...

Love that picture!

Doctors will tell you to avoid certain foods because of high mercury levels, like Mackerel. It can apparently cause some serious brain damage if you eat too much of it.

My mom apparently ate half a crate of mackerels per day when she was pregnant with me. So, that explains a lot.

Avoid Mackerel.

this is halee *as in berry* said...

Did you just name call the unborn? That's a variation of a movie quote...of course. YAY FOR BUNS IN OVENS AND STUFF!!!!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting, I'm so happy for you two!

FurrFun said...

Congrats!!! Having a baby is an amazing experience and I wish you all the best!

Phannie said...

Congratulations! When the sickness finally goes away it is better.

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

CONGRATS KELLI!!! that is so exciting! I am way excited for you! Hopefully your their is a ward shower here for you at your old ward :)

Breezy said...

WHAT?! Congrats! It is baby central with our families-I love it! we're taking over one muffin at a time :)

Jeni said...

Grandma told me the other day - I was so excited for you! I am glad I read through your whole post to figure out why you were calling your sweet little baby a parasite :-) I have to agree though, only I think all of mine ate off my brain cells... I'm still waiting for them to grow back - anyway, all kidding aside, you will be such a great mom - congratulations!!