Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Little Behind....

Lately I've been getting a lot of comments about how long it's been since I've blogged. I kept thinking "I just blogged last week I swear!" when I finally looked at the date of my last post and realized it's been over 2 weeks. So to those who have been checking and have actually been disappointed with my lack of posts, I apologize. Here's a little of what we have been up to:

We babysat all of the crazy Awerkamp kids while Julie and Todd celebrated their 10 year anniversary! (Congrats again you guys!) We went to the park, played games, made dinner and Rice Krispie treats together, and watched a movie. We love being around those kids!

We went to $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point and saw the Dino Museum with Richard's brother and his family. The kids were a little too young to really like it... but we had fun! We had a swimming party for an end of the summer bash with my family. Todd's parents were nice enough to let us come over and use their pool and firepit so that we could swim and cook hot dogs and marshmallows. Then Richard took the boys to the Monster Truck Rally at the Real Salt Lake Stadium and had a blast doing some male bonding while I hung out with Kristi.
It was a great way to end the summer! And now it's on to school for Richard- poor guy :) On the other hand, I can't wait for fall (even though it means winter is coming...) and am excited for slightly cooler weather and the chance to wear long-sleeved shirts and cuddle up in blankets again with some hot chocolate. We've had an amazing summer and got to do a lot of fun things this year. Now we just have to wait and see what the school year will bring us!


No comments: