Saturday, June 20, 2009

Trip to Cali

Our trip to Cali was...well, less than ideal. But we went to support Richard's brother who was getting married in Palmdale, so that's all that matters, right? We stopped on the way down to go hiking in St George and had a blast hiking around for about 2 hours. But on the way back, I stepped a little too close to a ledge that had about a 5 foot drop and the wall crumbled underneath me. Luckily, after I landed on a sharp rock and rolled down the hill a ways, Richard's brother caught me before I got seriously hurt. We did think I broke my thumb and spent 2 hours in the emergency room getting it checked out. But other than that I was just scraped up. I scared Richard pretty bad though, sorry sweetie!
The next day we went to the beach and it was FREEZING! I was so disappointed- don't you go to Cali to enjoy the sun?! But I had fun taking pictures of everyone and burying Richard in the sand.
Saturday was the wedding. We went swimming in the morning and finally saw a little bit of sun but it was very very windy. But the wedding still went well and now we have a new sister-in-law. She is the last in-law to join our family on either side!
Sunday we just headed back to Utah. It was an incredibly short, uneventful trip but at least we got a few days off of work :)

1 comment:

Dan said...

Please tell Mike Congratulations for me.

Remember the last time we went hiking in St. George Richard? Good times.