Saturday, May 16, 2009

Color Me Mine

Last Saturday Richard took me to what was supposed to be the activity for my birthday (one of those things that didn't work out)- Color Me Mine. This place has all different kinds of pottery and you can paint them and then they'll fire them up and make it look pretty! Ok, so I don't know the technical terms, but you get the idea. The plan was for us to both make our own thing and then make an anniversary plate together. I had the ENTIRE plate done and had just finished drying the paint. I turned around to take it up to the front and OOPS- it slipped out of my hands and SHATTERED. I was SOOOO sad and the only thing I thought was, don't cry, please don't cry in front of all of these people! Of course I didn't drop the other two meaningless projects we were working on, I had to drop the plate that was going to mean more and that we would use every year on our anniversary. ~sigh~ I'm going to have to let someone teach me how to not be so clumsy because I do stuff like that all the time! Other than that it was SO much fun and we will probably be back soon. Here are our fun creations that I DIDN'T drop:
Painting my vase


Intensely working on his big fat frog bank



The finished products!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I did that on a date once and it was soooo fun! I can't believe they didn't give you another plate to paint. You should have cried

:-)

Julie said...

Wow - I love the vase. You guys did a great job!

Ashlee said...

That sounds like sooo much fun!! Thanks for sharing, I am going to have to do that with Cole sometime. The finished products look great, I'm sorry about your plate though. That's just some darn rotten bad luck!

Phannie said...

They look great.

kristi said...

Whoa - big fat frog......

Oh, ha ha - that TOTALLY looks like the frog I sent you in Spain. It's destiny, dah-ling...