Monday, May 11, 2009

Catching Up

It hasn't been that long since I've written but a LOT has been going on. But here are the highlights of the two best things that happened in the last week:
Cinco de Mayo Birthday
Birthday celebrations actually started the week before with my old roommates surprising me by taking me out to lunch and then to the mall to force me to buy some new clothes, since it takes a lot to get me to the mall. Then on my birthday, Richard tried so hard to make it good day but I guess fate was against him because nothing worked out the way it should have! He did surprise me at work with a bouquet of flowers but that was really the only thing that went right. I felt really bad for him but it was still a good birthday. He got me what I have been wanting for a while now- a brand new bike!!! I was so excited. And the best part of the present is that he got two bikes so now he has to go with me when I want to go :)

Putting together our bikes!

1ST ANNIVERSARY

Yesterday was officially our one year anniversary!!! It's hard to believe that it's only been a year but at the same time it feel like it's been way longer than a year! Last week we stayed at a little bed and breakfast and got to relax and enjoy our time away from Provo. Never mind that the place was pretty ghetto...it was nice to get away anyway :) Then we went to the park where we had our first date and where Richard proposed. On our anniversary Richard made me a delicious breakfast in the morning and then that night we looked at our wedding pictures, watched our wedding video, tried some of our wedding cake (notice I didn't say EAT, it was pretty gross so we just took a picture and then threw it away!), and danced to our song. It was a fantastic anniversary and I'm so lucky to have spent the last year with the most amazing man I know. He's even better of a man now that he's had to put up with me for a whole year!


I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!

Phannie said...

Where's the pic of the old cake?

kristi said...

So I need to hear more details about some of these things. CALL ME!!!!!!!!! Oh - but congrats on the bday and the anniversary. And thanks Richard for putting up with her this past year! :)

Holly said...

Why didn't anything go right on your b-day? I am so excited you have bikes. Remember how we only had stamina for like 5 circles around the neighborhood? Ha ha!