Sunday, June 12, 2022

April 2022

 McKenna decided to try out soccer this year but I had no idea if she would like it or not. She has never had any interest in sports before this year and all of the sudden she is obsessed with playing any kind of sport every day. We lucked out and got an amazing coach and it has been a great experience for her. I noticed he didn't have an assistant coach so I offered to help out and it's been really fun for me too! I was also a little worried that she would be with a bunch of girls that had been playing since they were 3 but McKenna is a natural and did so great!

For Easter this year, we didn't really go to any city events for the first time. We dyed eggs on Easter and did our usual tradition of finding Resurrection Eggs and reading the corresponding scriptures that go through the events leading up to Christ's crucifixion.  The kids also get to find their Easter baskets that are hidden really well anywhere in the house.


Richard got to go paint-balling again with some guys from the ward. It's always a great experience for him and they get really into it! It's been extra good for him to hang out with some of the guys in our ward since he attends the Spanish branch now and never sees them at church.

Another fun thing that McKenna has been involved in this year is Momentum. All of the 4th graders in her school learn two dances and then McKenna was chosen to be on an advanced team that learned an additional dance after school. Only two kids from each class were chosen for this extra team so it made her feel so good that she was picked. They had their big performance at the end of April and McKenna did amazing! She was one of the few who was perfectly on beat and knew every single step. I loved watching her shine!


On the way back from watching Kenna's performance, we walked past the carousel that is in Columbus Commons. Even though it was cold, they had already opened it up for the season and there was nobody else there so Brooklyn asked if she could ride it. I also made Kaylee go and was cracking up at how huge she looked on the animals and how unenthusiastic she was about riding. I love that she will still humor me and do things with us even as she gets older.


I told McKenna and Brooklyn we would go grab ice cream while Richard and Kaylee were out one night because McKenna had gotten a coupon for free ice cream. I chose mint and brownie for my toppings, not realizing the mint was actually a sauce. And of course they put a TON on. It was one of the most disgusting treats I've ever tried and I couldn't even eat it. Lesson learned!

No comments: