Sunday, July 10, 2016

March 2016

McKenna's preschool has been so fun for both of us. It's only 2 1/2 hrs twice a week which is perfect for her to have some time away from the house with friends. And Miss Kyla has been the best teacher ever!  We are really glad we chose to go this route. They had a few days like pajama day, Dr Seuss day, etc.  and for crazy hair day I turned to Pinterest (of course) and found these cute cupcake hair ideas.  I thought they turned out great!  
For Angel Day this year we went and got doughnuts and watched Benjamin's video.  Next year we need to release balloons too! It's fun to think about Benjamin and the effect he's had on all of our lives. 

I haven't been interested in crafts for a while but I feel like I got bitten by the craft bug again.  I made this cute LOVE sign that is one of my favorites I've made so far and then a bunch of girls in the ward got together and made this super cute board to measure how much the kids have grown. 
Kaylee wanted an art party for her birthday this year and overall I would say it was super ghetto but the kids loved it anyway!  (Except for one girl but I'll just keep things positive and not talk about her! Ha ha)  We made Rice Krispie paintbrushes and rainbow jello for treats and then we had a lot of different crafts to do.  First they decoded a secret message Kaylee had written for each of them by painting over the white crayon to reveal the message. Then we decorated bags for them to take all of their goodies home in.  The favorite activity was sculpting things out of Play-Doh.  One of the dads stayed for the party and he made it a lot of fun for the kids- he would go outside while we told them what to sculpt and then he would come back in and try to guess what they made. He kept saying silly answers and had all of them laughing their heads off.  We also drew a picture of Kaylee on the dry erase board while blindfolded, stacked Froot Loops onto a piece of spaghetti stuck in Play-Doh, sorted mini Trix by color, kept our balloons in the air with just a foam paintbrush and she got spoiled rotten with tons of presents!  Parties keep getting more fun and less stress for me because the kids are old enough now that they know what to expect and aren't as much work to keep in line.  I'm glad it was such a fun day for her. 
I wasn't going to renew my Conservatory pass so we wanted to go one last time with Bethany before it expired and she moved in a few months.  Lily is a little young for Kenna but that doesn't stop Kenna from being super sweet to her, she seems to really like taking care of younger kids. The Conservatory isn't normally what I think of as somewhere fun to go for the kids but especially in the winter it is a nice place for them to just be able to run around somewhere. 
After waiting and waiting and waiting, Kaylee finally lost her first tooth!  She was determined to lose it at school but since it was really lose and still hadn't come out the day spring break started, I told her I needed to pull it out.  She hasn't trusted me to pull out any of her teeth since!  I think she was surprised that it kind of hurt and bled for a minute. But she couldn't be more thrilled when she got her money from the tooth fairy!
We were so happy to have Holly come stay with us for Easter and Brooklyn's birthday, which happened to be on the same day!  Saturday we decided to be brave and go to a giant egg hunt at a church which also had carnival rides, free food, and a little train. There were more people there than they thought would come so they had to limit the amount of eggs kids could get and we stood in line FOREVER to ride the train...but overall I'm glad we went.  I think our kids have outgrown the little egg hunt our neighborhood does for all of the little kids so this was a fun new adventure. 
It seems crazy that Brooklyn is already one!  
That year FLEW by and it's so sad that I don't have a little baby anymore!  She is honestly the best baby in the world.  She is constantly in the stroller for walks, events, and the girl's soccer games and gymnastics classes and never complains. She sleeps AMAZING and has since she was 2 months old. She is always happy and content and almost seems to prefer playing on her own instead of being involved in something with all of us. I couldn't ask for a sweeter baby!  
Since she wouldn't care that her birthday was overshadowed by the holiday, I made an Easter cake and she is my first baby that dug into her first year cake!  I was so proud :)  
It was awesome having Holly here to celebrate with us!  I don't know what we're going to do when we don't live by each other anymore.  

No comments: