Sunday, July 10, 2016

February 2016

We took Brooklyn swimming for the first time at the OSU indoor pool. Even though the water was freezing all three girls had so much fun and kept begging to stay longer.  We should have taken more advantage of that pool while we had it!  

Brooklyn is showing so much personality lately, she's starting to get to my favorite baby stage. 
Unfortunately that also means she's getting around more which means getting into things... :)
We are lucky enough to have neighbor's that do a Valentine's babysitting party every year and let a bunch of couples go on dates for Valentine's.  We went to a little crepe cafe downtown which was really good and it was fun because we were the only ones there!  I think the last time we went on a date was when Julie and Kristi were here in April!  
One no so fun thing that happened this month was when I was making dinner.  I borrowed a can of organic olives from my neighbor and the can was really thick and I couldn't get the lid off (even though it was supposed to be an easy open top...) When it finally flew off, it sliced my finger and I immediately started gushing blood all over everything.  We couldn't get the bleeding to stop and it was pretty deep even though it was small so we decided to go into the urgent care. I must have picked a really bad time because I was there for 3 hours but I had the sweetest doctor I've ever met.  He had already been on shift for 14 hours and was seeing patients 2 hours past closing time but he walked in and said "I'm so sorry for the wait you poor sick person you!"  He was a very sweet older man who told me all about his wife and asked plenty of questions about my family.  He turned a long frustrating night into a not so bad experience- see what a difference an attitude can make?!
McKenna finished up her gymnastics class and I was so proud of her! This really was a good class to make her see what she is capable of, even when she doesn't think she can do it.  
Brooklyn took her first steps!  She was one week shy of being 11 months, our earliest walker yet.  And once she decided to walk, she did not look back!  Even when she would fall several times trying to get somewhere, she refused to crawl and would pop back up and try again every time. 

No comments: