Monday, April 18, 2016

October 2015

October brought a lot of gorgeous weather days.  If I could live in Ohio in the fall my whole life, I would be happy.  Unfortunately the other 8 months of the year definitely don't make it worth it :)
Putting Daddy under arrest at the park:
We took advantage of a day off of school and went to the pumpkin patch with our friends.  They have a little petting zoo, big hay slides, a hay maze, sunflower maze, pumpkin donuts, and of course a tractor ride out to pick a pumpkin.  The kids had a blast, except when we were attacking by vicious wasps while trying to eat our treats!  Everyone else ran away but I was in the middle of nursing Brooklyn so I was just really hoping they would take pity on me and leave us alone! 
As usual we painted our pumpkins instead of attempting carving.  Kenna did her usual- mix the paints until they are some kind of gray and paint the whole thing the same color.  And Kaylee did her usual- very meticulous painting with a lot of different colors. And this time she even attempted a vampire after seeing my Dracula pumpkin.  These girls are such opposites!  But still best friends.  
My neighbor taught a little class on flooding sugar cookies and gave us all a few cookies to practice on.  It was really fun to decorate but honestly I don't know if I will put in all the work to make them on my own...  they are always pretty to look at though!
Halloween was so spread out and the girls got to dress up multiple times- I don't think they understand anymore that holidays are supposed to just be on one day!  First we went to Boo at the Zoo and we were lucky enough to have Uncle Robert here for that again this year.  
McKenna had her Halloween party at preschool but Kaylee's school is super lame and don't let them dress up or barely have any celebration at all.  
Trick or treating was moved to Thursday even though Halloween was actually on Saturday.  Crazy Columbus!  It was pretty cold but the girls didn't seem to mind at all- they wanted to keep going!  Poor little Brooklyn had frozen hands and was up way past her bedtime though. 
McKenna fell off one of our kitchen chairs and sliced her chin open.  I am so bad in those situations!  I can't handle them on my own.  I face-timed Richard so he could tell me if I needed to take her in to get stitches or not :)  Luckily we didn't end up taking her in but it was still scary!
Holly came to visit for the weekend and we went to COSI 
and then our ward Halloween party.  Holly was nice enough to dress up with me since Richard never wants to do a couple's theme anymore :)  
I love this crazy crew!

No comments: