Monday, April 18, 2016

December 2015

I thought this was such a sweet sister moment-  we were at Costco and McKenna and Brooklyn were in the cart when they took them to the other side of the register from me.  I think McKenna was a little nervous about it so she put her arm around Brooklyn and Brooklyn gave her a huge smile.  I love moments like that- you know despite all of the fighting that they really do love each other and will take care of each other!
This was probably our last time at Zoo Lights!  We finally stood in line to see Santa, which may be only the second time my girls have ever done that. 
We love the zoo here- it is amazing!  The city we move to is going to have a lot to live up to...
This year for my neighbor treats I tried to keep it simple.  Usually that is my favorite time to try out new recipes and I do 3 or 4 different things to hand out.  But this year we just decorated ornament cupcakes and I let the girls do most of them.  It was really fun to watch the girls be able to actually decorate something now and I think they turned out pretty cute! 
I have always wanted to participate in our complex's annual door decorating contest but never was brave enough to do it.  I spent hours and hours putting together this door! We didn't win anything but I was glad I can finally say that I did it.  No regrets! ;)
Brooklyn is getting so big!  She is showing so much personality and I love when they start to get really fun at this age.
 
We went to Holly's for Christmas again. We kept planning Christmas-y games and activities for the kids to do but they would just fight and whine so we just let them play and they had so much fun! Which gave Holly and I a lot of time to be together...which made it my favorite Christmas trip so far!
We did our own little nativity on Christmas Eve 
and then had the cousins exchange gifts. The Andreasons gave our girls these beautiful nightgowns and they have wanted to wear them every single night since!
Once again my pictures of Christmas morning have mysteriously disappeared :( The girls got a giant dollhouse which I was SO excited about.  However, the girls were less than enthusiastic and didn't touch it at all at Holly's house and have barely played with it since we've been home.  I ALWAYS wanted a big Barbie house so I guess I was just trying to live out my childhood through them?  Which they did not appreciate.... oh well.  Maybe next year I'll get Christmas right!

We were very sad to leave Holly's house, especially knowing it might be our last Christmas with them. We'll just have to keep enjoying them while we can!

1 comment:

Holly said...

How did I not hear about this door contest? That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!!