Sunday, September 22, 2013

Little of This, Little of That

September has been a pretty busy month for us.  Besides school starting and adjusting to new schedules, we've had baby showers, ward activities, birthday parties, and lots of other fun, random things.  We had Richard's birthday on the 11th, which caused me quite a bit of stress :)  I thought he wasn't going to get home until 6:00 so I had just planned on going out to eat and then watching his new movie when we got home.  But he told me the day before that he would be home about 3:30!! So all of the sudden I had to come up with a fun way to spend the day. To make a long story short, let's just say I tried to plan a bunch of things and none of them really worked out. But it ended up being nice anyway, even if not the most exciting day ever.  We went out to eat and then walked along the Scioto Mile, which is basically a pathway that follows the Scioto River that runs through downtown Columbus.  It is GORGEOUS.  Besides looking over the beautiful river with a bunch of cool bridges, 
there is a huge splash pad, a replica of the Santa Maria, 
and the largest outdoor climbing wall in America. Honestly, my favorite part was sitting and talking to Richard on these benches that swing. 
Even though I tease him all the time about being old, I can't believe he's 30 now!!!! He didn't want a party or to make a big deal about it so hopefully this birthday was exactly what he needed. 

We have also been out exploring Columbus even more.  We visited some Indian caves that the kids were super bored in :)  (I forgot my camera so you'll just have to imagine how cool they were).
And we also found a gorgeous metro park that was not kid-friendly at all but at least it was very pretty!  You weren't supposed to eat, drink, or jog in the park and we got in trouble for letting the kids take off their shoes and walk in the little stream... 
What kind of park doesn't let kids run around??  Other than that, it was a super fun day and the kids had fun collecting little leaves and petals to show their daddies when we got home. 
 
 Kaylee with her best buddy Jude

 It seems like life just keeps getting busier but we are having tons of fun!  If only someone could teach me the trick to get McKenna to stay in her bed so we can all get some sleep...life would be just about perfect!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That bridge picture is absolutely gorgeous. Columbus really has some gorgeous sights and lots of fun things to do. It is amazing that you have lived there for two years and are still finding new and fun things to do. I am excited that you have found so many new things for me to see the next time I come. We are glad that Richard had a fun birthday.

Holly said...

Love that bridge! It is on my list of things to do the next time I visit. I love how your wracking up ideas for me. It is for me, right? :-)

kristi said...

Wow, NICE PICS!! Looks like the bday turned out just fine! I'm VERY glad - although I can understand the stress. And love the pic of Kenna at the bottom hiding under the tree. What cute little girls! PS - LAME park!

kristi said...

Tell the park people to CALM DOWN!!