Monday, March 25, 2013

DR/ Momma Visit

Wow I guess it's about time I catch up on blogging, eh?  Lucky Richard got to go to the Dominican Republic for a week this month for a conference.  Since I was super jealous he would get time on the beach, I decided I needed to have some fun too and convinced my mom to come stay with us while he was gone.  Richard had the camera, so I didn't get to take any pics and the ones from my mom's iphone are not spectacular...obviously we are not professional photographers :)  But I can tell you that we had so much fun!  I don't know if I will ever get tired of Columbus, there is SO much to do here!  Which is so unlike anywhere I've lived before!  Ha ha.  We found an indoor playground/ trampoline place for the kiddos to get their energy out,
went to Galaxy Games and Golf where they have a gigantic play place (think McDonald's but way bigger!) and ball pit,
Kenna went nuts over all the balls- that girl is so much fun!
went to the downtown library which had a HUGE kids section. They have a castle to play on, tons of toys that are rotated regularly, an aquarium, and we happened to be there just in time to watch a pirate show. The libraries here are awesome!
this is us reading in part of the castle
had an early Easter Egg hunt
and of course went to our favorite pet store,
and the zoo, 
like we have to do every time we have a visitor!  And of course, whenever my mom is involved there is lots and lots of shopping!  We were so lucky to have my mom here so that we didn't get too lonely and could have tons of fun while the weather is still fighting spring.  Last year it was 80 degrees by now, what happened this year??  I for one am ready for spring!!  Thanks for such an amazing visit Mom!!

And even though Richard found out that Santo Domingo (where he was staying) doesn't have any beaches close by, at least he got to enjoy the hotel pool and the sunshine!  He even came home with a burn so I was still jealous.

5 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

It is really hard to have the husbands go out and do things that we want to be included in. I am glad that your mom rescued you from boredom and lonliness. It sounds like you managed to have a pretty great time.

Julie said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Glad to see something new on your blog again!! :-)

Ingrid said...

The girls are so pretty, Kelli.
I'm happy you had your mom with you to help you and to spend time with you and the girls.

Happy belated birthday to little Kaylee!!! She is a doll!

Mary said...

I think we had a lot more fun than Richard did!! Thanks for a great week Henricksen girls:)!!

Cheri said...

So Richard had the camera the whole week and he only got one picture. I don't know if I would let him have it next time. :)