Saturday, July 16, 2011

Surprising News

Pretty much since the second I found out I was pregnant, I got it into my head that we were having a boy.  I don't even know why I thought that, it's not like I feel "intuition" or anything like that.  I just said we were going to have a boy and so I planned on it.  I even started a list of boy names that I liked.  But much to my surprise we found out on Thursday that we are having another girl!  I was completely shocked and didn't even know what to say at first.  I thought I would be disappointed but I was not at all, just completely happy and at peace.  I knew right away that she is definitely meant for our family and we are so happy to have her.  And the more I think about it the more excited I am that Kaylee will have a little sister to play with. Kaylee made it even more special by pointing to the ultrasound and saying "sister" for the first time.  She will be an awesome big sister, I'm sure.  I'm pretty scared to have a boy so it's probably good that I'll get some more practice first before we have a son :)  Unfortunately, Richard and I made a bet again and this time I lost so I'll have to come up with a clever date to repay him.  In the meantime, we'll enjoy celebrating that we are going to have two beautiful little girls in our family before the end of the year!

8 comments:

Rach said...

How exciting! Thanks for sharing your news!

Cheri said...

You will be so happy to be able to have a best friend and squabbling companion for Kaylee. All those cute clothes that Kaylee has will be able to see another round.

Mary said...

I am really excited for Kaylee to have a baby sister to show all the ropes to. I hope they will be best friends. Yahoo!! We're very excited.

kristi said...

Kaylee will love having a sister to play with. That will be REALLY fun!!!!!! Wahoo! Now get on names!!!!! :) (Since I'm one to talk...)

Lacey said...

Congratulations! The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having 2 girls together, it will be so fun for you!

Magoo said...

Congrats! I still remember Richard telling me of the bet you two had going. I am excited for you both.

Harris Family said...

How very exciting! Congrats! When do you come out here to the midwest?

Dan said...

Richard, do you remember our conversations about living close enough that my children would date your children, and then you would forbid your children from dating my children because my children weren't good enough for your children to date and I would forbid mine because I'm a racist at heart? I better get married and start having kids if this is going to be a reality. I'll get right on that.

Wow, November's not too far away! Enjoy your trip to Ohio!