Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pool Time

So much to blog about, so little time.  A while ago we got to go to my sister's in-laws for a little pool party.  Kaylee took a while to warm up to the pool, which surprised me because she loves water.  But mostly I think she was just trying to figure out a way to get the pool and NOT have to be by mom.  She hated being in her floaty so I just had to hold on to her and she did not appreciate that.  She kept asking to be put down in the middle of the pool.  And I'm pretty sure if I hadn't kept a good watch on her, she would have walked off the edge right into the deep end.  We finally compromised and found a way for her to play on the stairs by herself without me holding onto her for dear life and she had a blast.  She's really brave about putting her face in the water and thinks it's hilarious
 
 
  Afterwards, we had an impromptu barbeque and firework show with the whole fam, except Holly of course. (thanks again Mom for letting us crash in on you!)  Kaylee wasn't too sure about the noise coming from the fireworks but she kept signing 'lights' and asking for more so I guess she liked them!
 
(This is her signing 'lights')

4 comments:

Julie said...

That was a super fun last minute party. Glad it worked out!

Jennifer said...

I hate that you guys are moving so soon!

Who's going to teach Guy sign language now? ;)

Mary said...

I still can't believe you are moving. Are you sure you won't reconsider??? It's not too late yet!!

Cheri said...

We got to see first hand how she has no fear of the water.