Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Rare Occasion

Most of the time, I'm too hard on myself.  I always feel as if I should be doing something more.  I don't spend enough time with Kaylee, I don't get enough done around the house, I don't get ready like I used to, I don't give Richard enough attention, etc, etc, etc.  But the last four days I was pretty much passed out on the couch from being so sick and Richard had to take over 90% of parent duty.  So yesterday when I was feeling better, I actually had enough energy to play with Kaylee.  We read books and I chased her around and we went to the store, and I taught her some new things and we laughed together.  And at the end of the day I sat down with a smile on my face because I. felt. like. a. good. mother!  That is so rare to give myself enough credit and actually feel that I am doing the best I can.  I guess the contrast between not being able to do anything and finally feeling normal again was enough to show me that a lot of times, I do more than I think I do. It was a great feeling :)  Besides, how could you not feel good with this face smiling at you all day??

3 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

Being a mother is truly the most difficult job in the world. It is easy to be hard on ourselves. I go through the same things all the time. Especially with four children, one on the way and the inability to do what I normally do.

Julie said...

Glad you are finally giving yourself some credit :)

Mary said...

That face tells it all, Kelli!! You are doing a great job!!