Monday, March 21, 2011

The Big ONE

Yesterday was Kaylee's first birthday!  I can't believe what a big girl she is now- she is definitely not a baby anymore. She refuses to take a bottle and since her birthday just yesterday she has taken more steps than ever before.  She went from only taking 1 or 2 steps before falling to walking about halfway across the room overnight! I guess she decided that since she's one now, she has to start walking since only babies crawl :) My sister put together an amazing birthday party for her on Saturday and we played some awesome games, watched a slide show of her 1st year, and opened lots of fun presents.  It was a great day and I am so grateful to have this amazing little girl in my life.  She has taught us so much and is tons of fun!  Every day I think I love her more and more and know that I am incredibly blessed to have her with me all the time.
 Playing with her birthday balloon

 Opening one of her many presents- thank you everyone!

 Enjoying her first taste of cake

Showing off her adorable new Cinderella dress!

5 comments:

Dan said...

Tell Kaylee that her Korean Uncle will bring her a birthday present from England!

Julie said...

Can't believe she's such a big girl already!

Holly said...

I love her brown shirt. So cute!!!

Mary said...

What a darling little one year old. I can hardly wait to see her taking more steps. Thanks for the fun birthday party, Kaylee (and Julie) and thanks for the yummy cupcakes, Kelli.

Cheri said...

She sure seems to enjoy that cake. Careful sugar is downright addictive and delicious.