Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Valentine's!

Happy V-Day!!  I hope it was as good for everyone else as it was for us.  While Richard was at school, I decorated our living room and made him Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies (recipe found here).  Now, before you judge me for making something so disgusting for my valentine, you have to understand something about Richard.  He LOVES bacon (remember this post?) and would probably eat it for every meal if he could.  So my sister sent me the recipe and I just had to try it out!  They weren't disgusting...but I definitely prefer my cookies without a salty surprise in the middle.  Richard surprised me by coming home early and doorbell ditching me and leaving my present for me to find.  We were planning on going to a late lunch as soon as Kaylee woke up from her nap so that we could miss the V-Day rush.  But she slept longer than she ever has and so it ended up being a very late lunch or an early dinner at our favorite place, Ruby River.  I was going to make heart-shaped calzones for dinner but we were so full we decided to postpone that until Monday.   I realized after the day was over that we didn't take a single picture even though we had our camera with us the whole day.... oh well. I guess we'll have to remember our bacon cookies another way :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is THE MOST perverted thing I have ever heard in my life. Which sister gave you that recipe because I need to chastise them. So GROOOOOSSSS!

kristi said...

Yeah - what sister?? GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of - how can you remember those cookies any other way?? ha ha - glad he liked them. Hope you got a delicious steak to celebrate!

Cheri said...

I don't know of any words to express how appalled I am at Bacon cookies. But I am still chuckling to myself.