Monday, August 23, 2010

Vacay Pt 1: St George

Well we are finally back from our long and wonderful vacation. We had so much fun and did so many things that I can't blog in detail about any of them unless I want it to be the longest post ever. So I'll try to just briefly describe what we did. We first headed to St George and were able to stay in an INCREDIBLE home provided by our Bishop. I was having a panic attack all weekend because I was terrified that one of the kids (or me) would break something in this beautiful home. This was the bedroom we stayed in:
Thurs we just chilled with Laura during the day and then that night we saw Cats at Tuacahn, which was pretty much the worst musical I've ever seen in my life. How did that show get so popular?
Friday we went hiking in Red Cliffs. I didn't think Kaylee would like the hiking backpack very much but she loved being able to see everything and even fell asleep after a few minutes. The hike was gorgeous but very short since it was super hot and we had a bunch of little kids to get out of the heat. That night we also went swimming and had a blast since almost the entire family was there.
Saturday was Joel's baptism. Richard was honored to be the one to baptize him and it was a great experience for both of them. It's fun to see how excited Joel is about the Gospel. It makes me want to have more enthusiasm for this wonderful work. They didn't have any normal jumpsuits that were the right size so they got to wear some awesome retro jumpsuits that looked like they were from the 70's.Sunday we went to watch Joel be confirmed in sacrament meeting and then walked around the St George temple grounds. That night we played games with Laura and Joel and then frantically tried to clean our Bishop's beautiful house so that we could leave early the next morning for AZ. Thanks for a great weekend Laura and Joel!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just think you're biased when it comes to hating on the musical, because I think it's AMAZING!

Ok, not really, but you get my point lol

Holly said...

Awesome jumpsuits :-)

Still love the pic of Kaylee in the Cats picture. SO awesome!