Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Complainer

Can I just complain for a minute? If you don't want to hear me whining, I give you full permission to skip right over this and go read something more interesting. But I just have to complain somewhere because I'm sure Richard is tired of hearing it! Let me just say, I AM TIRED! When Kaylee was first born, I expected to be exhausted all the time and getting very little sleep. However I was pleasantly surprised because she was an ANGEL and seemed instinctively to know the difference between night and day. She even got up to the point where she was sleeping for 6 hours at a time and I was in heaven. Somewhere in the last week or so, I must have done something very wrong to mess that up because now she won't sleep hardly at all. Last night the most she slept in a row was 2 hours and sometimes I was even getting up every half hour to get her to fall back asleep. It gets to the point where I am so tired that either I'll give in and try to sleep with her on the couch or I send Richard to get her because I'm so tired and dizzy I think I might pass out. I pretty much haven't slept for a week now and it's definitely taking it's toll on both my body and mind. At first I blamed her sleeplessness on the fact that our apt is SO hot but the last couple days it's been a lot cooler so I can't figure out what the problem is. Something needs to happen very soon though because I'm pretty sure I can't function too much longer like this. Ok, I'm done complaining now so for you readers who actually read this, go find something happier to think about :)

5 comments:

Nibarger said...

I feel you sister! Kyla has had a few bad nights recently on account of some teething going on. But don't worry! There are more good nights than bad! And it might just be that you have to let her cry it out a bit! IT is hard but worth the sleep! Hang in there!

Julie said...

Totally know that zombie - no sleep - feeling. Just keeping telling yourself, This too shall pass! :)

The Browns said...

Maybe she needs a chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractors fix all kinds of problems that you wouldn't think are related.

Bailey Family said...

I feel for you!! I'm not sure where you are living now but if you are anywhere close I would LOVE to come over and watch your sweet angel while you get some rest!! Let me know via facebook! (Seriously please let me help you get some sleep!)

kristi said...

SORRY REEPS!!!!!!!! I know how hard that is!! Sometimes it feels like you will NEVER get any sleep.

I also had someone tell me one time that a baby can sense a move (or other big changes) and the only way they deal with it is being grumpy. So that could be part of it too.

Let me know what day you want me to come down. I'll watch her and you can take a nap for 10 hours straight!!! You'll just have to leave me a bottle... :)