Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blessing Day

Last Sunday was Kaylee's blessing. We were slightly panicking about how everything was going to go at the dinner afterward since Richard usually has to stay for tithing and I had to run home to feed Kaylee, etc. But it went MUCH better than I had imagined. We had tons of support from our awesome families and everything went pretty smooth. Kaylee cried through most of the blessing- I can't imagine how hard that would be to still concentrate on the words you're saying when your baby is screaming, but Richard did a GREAT job on the blessing. And I'm sure most people still caught a word or two of it :) Kaylee looked adorable in her blessing dress and was a perfect angel all through church except during the blessing! I was a terrible daughter and forgot the BEAUTIFUL blanket that my mother-in-law had made specifically for Kaylee's blessing and felt awful about it the entire day (and still do). I'll definitely have to find a way to make it up to her because it was a lot of work and it really is a gorgeous blanket.
I guess Kaylee decided she had to make it an extra special day because she rolled over for the 1st time before church. Everyone is shocked when I tell them that because she is just barely over 2 mos but I think she just wants to be an overachiever like her dad :) Something must be special about Sundays because she didn't roll over again all week but then she did again this morning. I love seeing all the new things she learns how to do. I have such a beautiful little angel!

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a little cutie pie. I can't believe she cried the whole time! That would be so scary for Richard. Glad he was still able to do such a great job.

Julie said...

She is so beautiful in those pictures!

kristi said...

She just has her mom's strength!! That's why she can roll over so early!!!!