Thursday, February 4, 2010

You know what I would love?

Living in a place where stuff didn't break all the time. I realize you can't live somewhere where nothing EVER breaks, but in the year and a half that we've been here, we've had two fridges, the washer, the dryer, the shower, the kitchen faucet, the water heater, and the pipes under our bathroom sink break. Today we had a new surprise. We were sitting in our kitchen and all of the sudden heard this weird noise from under the kitchen sink. Richard went to investigate and found that one of the pipes burst and was shooting water everywhere in our bottom cupboards. Great. Is this normal for apt living or are we just incredibly cursed? I guess I should just count my blessings that my roof hasn't started leaking yet like it did in my sister-in-law's apt. So now we are waiting somewhat patiently, with no water in our house (to keep the pipe from spraying all over the place), for our landlord to get here. ~sigh~ Another day, another broken appliance.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh gosh. Does that make up your mind to move when your contract is up? What adventures...

Julie said...

Yeah - think it's time to find another place!

Mary said...

No water when you have a new baby will be a really big deal!! I vote that you move too when you can!!

kristi said...

MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you've had to go through all that. That really stinks!!!