Tuesday, February 16, 2010

V-Day

Valentine's Day was so much fun!! We celebrated most of it on Saturday this year since A) we couldn't do much on Sunday and B) Richard is always gone all day Sunday so that would have been lame anyway. I have really started loving V-Day in the last couple of years, probably because now I have someone amazing to celebrate it with :) I made Richard promise me that he wouldn't get me a bouquet of roses this year because I am way too practical and I hate that he has to spend like $40 around Valentine's to get me decent flowers. But he couldn't help getting me a single rose (that was gorgeous!) and I honestly prefer just a single rose so it was perfect for me. He also gave me a box of my favorite truffles and stuff to make chocolate-covered strawberries for later that night. We went to Ruby River like we do every year and had AMAZING steak and then went to Color Me Mine to make fun V-Day decorations, which was a blast! Then we came home and watched Serendipity and made chocolate-covered strawberries and some chocolate-covered-anything-else-we-could-find. It was a GREAT day and I'm so glad I was able to spend it with someone I love so much!

Making chocolate-covered strawberries:

Intensely focused on painting:

Here are the final products of our activity:
Richard said "Leave it up to a guy to make a black heart". I guess that's what happens when I make him do a Valentine's decoration instead of something practical :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I love your hearts that you made. And, Richard's totally has red on it. I think it's cool! (At first, though, I thought he was spelling out Rick and I thought, "I've never heard him go by that name." Ha ha ha)

Julie said...

At least your decorations made it home in one piece :) Sounds like a super fun day. Chocolate covered strawberries - truly the yummiest thing in the world!

Jennifer said...

Aww Richard's got a black heart just like Michael ;)

Mary said...

How fun that you are making your own future decorations that will mean so much more than the ones you buy in a store. Sounds like it was a perfect day!!