Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Feb 2023

 A girl in my ward won a free hour class for 30 people at her gym so she invited a bunch of us to join her. We did 20 mins of spin, 20 mins of weights, and 20 mins of yoga. It was really fun even though I could barely move my legs the next day!

One of the girls in our ward wanted to go but her husband was going to be out of town so I offered Kaylee and McKenna to babysit her kids for her. Since I told her she didn't need to pay them, she felt bad and made them a cake instead, which she loves to make. This was probably the best cake I have ever tasted in my life! I told Kaylee she should always accept treats as her payment :)

Julie called to ask me a question one day and afterwards she texted me and asked if I was ok because I sounded down. I told her I was just in a funk and struggling a little bit. The next day, these happy tulips showed up at my house with a note from Julie saying she wanted to brighten my day. It meant so much to me that she not only noticed that something was off with me but that she sent me some love and cheer to try to help me. I have the best family!

Brooklyn really wanted to make a unicorn for her Valentine's box this year. She painted a shoebox and then we worked together to create a horn and mane from supplies we had leftover from other crafts. I thought it turned out cute! I was a little sad that McKenna chose not to make a box this year for her last Valentine exchange.

On Valentine's Day, Kaylee was asked to babysit by two different families. I told the second family that McKenna had never babysat on her own before but that she could babysit at our house so we could be here if she needed help. Even though the baby was pretty sad for a lot of it, she was in heaven and can't wait until she can babysit by herself!

Richard got a bunch of free meals at OSU from working STEP this year so we went to campus one day to use some of them with the kids. During dinner, we looked out the window right next to us and saw a raccoon staring right at us! It scared us and he jumped down and ran away so we didn't get a picture but it made for a very funny story! The best part was seeing the robot food delivery for the first time. The robots were so cute and we saw them all over campus. It was fascinating to watch them. It was cold but it was nice to get out of the house and we tried to make the best of it and walked by the lake and up to the top of the library. And we had to stop and see Brutus of course!



We wanted to do our annual President's Day tradition that we stole from Holly but the kids wanted to invite our friends, the Crossley's over for it. I wasn't sure how having friends here would change it but it made it so much better! All of them gave a speech saying what they would do as president or good things they had already done. Then we asked them a bunch of questions and they were very fun and creative in their answers. When we had the vote, Brenton was the clear winner since his law was to give everyone an extra treat at lunchtime! We had a picnic and then the kids begged to go to the park so we went to Homestead Park and had a ton of fun playing tag and trying out the new playground equipment.

Three months after Chase made it for me, I finally stained the frame and attached the metal to make my magnet board. I love it so much and think it looks perfect in our kitchen!

Richard found a new hobby- cutting apples into different shapes! He saw a video online and wanted to try it and thought it was fun so he's been trying a lot of different ones. The favorites were the crab and the swan and we have requested them many times since!




The Young Women got tickets to go see a production of The Sound of Music downtown and they needed extra parents to drive so I quickly volunteered to go so I could see the play too! All of the cast, crew, and orchestra were volunteers and all the money went to the children's hospital. I thought they did a fantastic job and the Captain and the Mother Superior especially had amazing voices.


On that same night, Richard and Brooklyn went with her friend to the OSU vs BYU gymnastics meet. Brooklyn won a T-shirt that is almost as big as she is and loves it! After the meet, they went up and met a bunch of the gymnasts and she even got a lot of them to sign her shirt.

No comments: