Wednesday, September 18, 2019

May 2019

The girls had a showcase at the end of the year so we got to go see some of the artwork they have done throughout the year.  It was fun to see how excited to girls were to show us what they have done!

Brooklyn has gotten into a phase of always wanting her hair played with or doing other people's hair.  We will ask her if she wants a fancy hairdo or a silly one and we have come up with some pretty awesome hairdos!
My sweet friends from my first ward took me out to lunch for my birthday and it was so fun to catch up with them! Then Richard took me to an escape room which is one of my favorite things to do. It was a great birthday!
Brooklyn really wanted to do her own hair for crazy hair day and I think she nailed it! 
Richard and I went out to lunch for our anniversary. We had heard amazing things about Katalina's so we decided to try it out. We both got street tacos and then pancake balls to share (which were not as good as they sound...). It was fun to write on the table and leave our mark even though it probably won't stay for long. 
We found a bird nest in our backyard that had been built really low among our vines. It was fun to check on it every day and see how the babies were growing.
Brooklyn had her last day of preschool and was so sad to say goodbye to her teacher, Mrs. Shari. She was the perfect teacher for our hesitant little girl to have during her first year of school. She also got to have an end of the year picnic at the park and had a lot of fun with her preschool buddy Zella. 
The girls got to have their own crazy hair/pajama day and requested cupcake hair like I had done for McKenna a few years ago. It was a big hit!
I have never been able to curl my own hair but I bought a wand that curls on it's own and I thought it worked pretty good for my hair! I still have a lot of work to do but at least I have the possibility of curling my hair sometimes...
I went to McKenna's end of the year party and had a really good time with her class.  Her best friend leaned over to her and said, "McKenna your mom is so pretty!"  It was so sweet and definitely made my day.  Then we were playing dodgeball together as a family outside on a beautiful day and saw a gorgeous double rainbow! It was one of the days that just felt magical!
I asked Brooklyn what she wanted to do for her sister's last day of school to have one more day with just mommy and she chose the Conservatory. It was the best day and I'm glad we got to do something together all day just focused on us.  Brooklyn really is the best buddy I could ever ask for and she makes every day so much better. I don't know what I will do when she has to go to school full-time too!  

No comments: