Sunday, September 30, 2018

June 2018

We decided to get a pool pass this year so we could work on swimming lessons with the girls. McKenna is pretty terrified of the water but she progressed so much this year that it gives me hope that she will actually one day be able to swim without a life jacket... And honestly even though the pool is not my favorite place in the world, our pass saved me this summer since it has been crazy humid and I never want to go outside because I hate being all sticky. So the pool ended up being the only reason I was outside this summer. Plus, we knew we would be crazy with moving so we wanted something that would force us to get outside and away from all the moving mess.
Tati wanted a graduation party but her parents didn't want to do a huge thing so I helped Alex figure out a way to keep it small and helped her set everything up.  It is sad to think that Tati will be leaving so soon! We have gotten really close to them in such a short amount of time and we will definitely miss her!
We went to Utah really early in the summer this year because Richard was invited to participate in a Humanities Scholar conference at BYU, which he absolutely loved. He stayed with his mom in Provo during the week and then came down to my parents house on the weekends to be with us.  Because of that I felt like I was able to spend a lot more one on one time with my siblings which was amazing (except not as much with Scott because they moved into their new house the day we got there and the house still wasn't 100% done so they were crazy busy).  My girls also seemed to get along with their cousins the best they ever have and most of the time I didn't even know what my kids were doing because they were perfectly content playing with their cousins. We did go to Gardner Village to do a fairy hunt, to a bounce house/trampoline place, hiking twice (once to Donut Falls and once to Bridal Veil Falls), the Planetarium and City Creek, and the Church History Museum.
We also had two cousin birthday parties, family pictures, a super special FHE with the Awerkamps, lunch with Aunt Rita, a visit to Grandma DuVall, a BBQ with Rob and Ingrid (which meant lots of time holding Neil) and a lot of fun staying at Mom's house. AND I was able to get together with almost all of my roomies for the first time in five years or so.  It's amazing that we can get back together and still have so much fun and get along so well! I love those girls, especially Rachel. I wish I lived closer to her!
 
Of course the best part of the whole trip was Kristi and I finally putting on the Harry Potter party we have talked about for years. It was so epic, it deserves it's own post so that's what I'm gonna do :)

No comments: