Sunday, June 30, 2013

Theme Night: Pirates!

Kaylee and McKenna discovered the TV show Jake and the Neverland Pirates and have been OBSESSED.  So naturally, we had to do a pirate theme night!  Kaylee wanted to dress up like the little girl from the show and I think she did a pretty great job:
We ate fish sticks for dinner (very pirate-y, I know) and had sand pudding for dessert.  I drew a treasure map for the girls to follow and at each place on the map they found gold coins (of the chocolate variety) to add to our team treasure chest. Kaylee HAD to have pixie dust, just like the girl in her show so we emptied the contents of our three hole punch into her bag.  At one point during the treasure hunt, we came to a giant river full of crocodiles that we couldn't cross.  Kaylee threw her pixie dust on us so we could fly over the river safely!  
That was definitely her favorite part. The hunt ended with a new pirate ship for the girls to play with.  After our hunt, we went downstairs to make the girls walk the plank, AKA run off the edge of the guest bed and dive into a pile of pillows, which I forgot to take pictures of. But by this point, I think Kaylee was a little worn out because she had been helping me make pirate things all day and had been SO excited that by the time we finished our party, she wanted nothing to do with pirates- ha ha. We got very creative and had a wooden sword made from a toilet paper roll tube, pixie dust from paper, a hook from aluminum foil, and a river made out of bubble wrap with toy crocodiles floating on top just to make it authentic.  This was the first time I've really let Kaylee help me prepare for the party so it was really fun until she decided she's had enough!  This will definitely be a recurring theme down the road.
 Making a scary pirate face
 Counting their "gold doubloons"

4 comments:

Julie said...

That was the best idea. Super cute!

Holly said...

Super, awesome idea. Love it!

Mary said...

I didn't realize until I really looked at the picture you posted, just how much Kaylee was dressed like the cartoon character. Great job!! Fun night!!

Cheri said...

I absolutely love your theme nights you do. I wish I could pull things together like that but it pretty much only happens four times a year for their birthdays.