Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Think Pink

And the winner is.... ME! Of course! Was there ever any doubt? :) Actually Richard pretty much thought it was a girl too but had to be opposite of me so that we could have a fun bet. So yes, we are having a little girl! It seems slightly more real now, but is still pretty unbelieveable. The ultrasound was really cool. Iwas scared that I was going to be disappointed with it like I was with hearing the heartbeat for the first time (I just had super high expectations I guess), but it was SO fun to actually see our little one. She had her hands up, crossed over her face the whole time. I told Richard it was because she was annoyed with us and wanted us to stop poking her. That's not good news if we're already driving her nuts :) We've actually started thinking about names now too. We got a fairly big list of names and narrowed it down to 5. Richard thought it would be a good idea for both of us to list those 5 in order of what we liked best. Unfortunately, our lists were almost exactly opposite of each other! And so the "fun" of trying to decide on a name begins. We still might add others to the list but right now we like Starlee, Bella, Amberlee, Bailey, and Adalyn. What do you think?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, so I admit it: I'm kind of getting into this whole being an aunt thing. You and Laura will have the first kids that I've been around from the very very beginning and it's got me excited (don't tell Michael).

If you ever need anyone to go shopping with, you know who to call :)

As far as names, the first one to really jump out at me was Bailey. Richard, Kelli and Bailey just sounded nice to me :)

I also may be slightly biased since another form of Adalyn is on my list for future offspring (Adelaide, Adaline or Adeline) and Michael won't touch a name if someone else in the family has it. But since you guys are having a kid first, it's only fair that you get dibs if you want it lol.

Oh and if you haven't already, you should check this out: http://www.thebump.com/nymbler/

mama_pj said...

I like Starlie/Starlee and Bailey the best...seems to fit best with Richard and Kelli. They are all cute names and we will love her.

Julie said...

Can't wait to meet Baby P!

Holly said...

Of COURSE I like Bella the best. It's cute to have a daughter named after her Mom :-). I love that name (way, WAY pre-Twilight, I might add) but I really like all the other names you've thought about too. Good luck!

Love you, Baby P

kristi said...

You HAVE to do Bella. That would be SOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!! :) Bella and Bella!

Stef said...

Congrats Kelli! Girls are so much fun! I was almost going to name my baby girl Adalyn, I love, LOVE it, but it didn't go so well with ANDERSON, if you know what I mean! I hope you have an easier time agreeing on a name than we did! I also love Brynlee, there are just so many cute girl names!